Code of Ethics
Whether you want to buy or sell a house, develop a real estate career, or invest in your own franchise, knowing that the company that you choose has a strict Code of Ethics should be an important point to consider.
RE/MAX offices in Latin America and the Caribbean are required to subscribe to a Code of Ethics that, among other things, includes the following articles:
- RE/MAX Affiliates shall keep informed of all relevant matters affecting real estate in their market, including laws, ordinances, regulations and practices.
- RE/MAX Affiliates shall undertake to receive periodic training about technology, tools, skills, and other matters relating their careers.
- RE/MAX Affiliates shall undertake to eliminate any practice by real estate professionals in their community which could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the real estate profession.
- No RE/MAX Affiliate shall engage in the unauthorized practice of the law.
- No RE/MAX Affiliate shall mislead any seller, buyer, real estate professional or other party to a transaction.
- RE/MAX Affiliates at all times shall protect and promote the interests of their clients.
- RE/MAX Affiliates shall preserve confidential information provided by their clients.
- Signs giving notice of property for sale, rent or lease shall not be placed on property without the consent of the owner.
- No RE/MAX Affiliate shall acquire an interest in or buy for him/herself a property without making the true position known to the seller.
- RE/MAX Affiliates, until the closing of a transaction, shall submit all offers to purchase to the seller as quickly as possible and in an objective and unbiased manner.
- RE/MAX Affiliates shall, within a reasonable time, disclose the existence of an accepted offer to his/her colleagues.
- RE/MAX Affiliates shall not enter into any arrangement to accept compensation from more than one party without full disclosure to all parties.
- RE/MAX Affiliates shall not exaggerate, misrepresent or conceal pertinent facts relating to any property or transaction.
- RE/MAX Affiliates shall strive to avoid controversy with other real estate professionals.
- Negotiations concerning property which is listed exclusively with another real estate professional shall be conducted with such person, not with the owner of the property.
- No RE/MAX Affiliate shall solicit a listing which is currently listed exclusively with another real estate professional.